Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe:
A Fresh Fruit salad sometimes gets a bad reputation. To counteract that, try to find a salad that combines the best fresh fruits of the season with a dressing that enhances, rather than coats it. Seasonal fruits are always best if you can get them. They will give you the most nutrition and you will get distinct flavors that will make the fruit salad sing. Today’s topic is based on the same to make the “Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe“
Berries are excellent in fruit salad, provided they are in season. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and cranberries all add their own unique touch to fresh fruit salad recipe. Berries have a lot of flavor and antioxidants. They are also low in calories, which makes them even more desirable.
Watermelon is a wonderful way to add a little extra sweetness. It is rich in vitamin C and fiber while remaining low in calories. Cantaloupe adds color, flavor, and nutrition. Full of vitamins A and C, it can add a lot to a fresh fruit salad. Make sure you get a ripe melon. Locally grown cantaloupes usually have more flavor than those shipped in.
Kiwi may be fuzzy on the outside, but they are green and delicious on the inside. They are full of vitamins and add a nice astringency to your fruit salad. Tangerines are also high in potassium and vitamin C. They add a nice flavor to the salad. If you cannot get them, you can substitute oranges or mangoes.
While bananas are delicious, in fruit salad they tend to get mushy and brown. Coating them with citrus to prevent browning changes their flavor and if they have to sit in the refrigerator, they tend to get a little slippery. With so many delicious fruits that hold up well in salad, why include any that do not?
Feel free to add in herbs, nuts or anything else that you feel brings something good to the fresh food salad recipe. A lot of people are tired of the old fashioned fruit salads covered in creamy dairy-based dressings that separate during refrigeration. Planning a fresher, cleaner salad with more flavor seems to be the growing preference. Try a few lighter recipes for yourself.
Recipe for Fresh Fruit Salad with Mint:
This colorful fresh food salad is light, not too sweet, and delicious.Â What You Need?
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 peach, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 cup simple syrup (see instructions below)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
How to Make this Fresh Fruit Salad?
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 part water and 1 part sugar in a sauce pan. Bring the water to a boil, stirring in the sugar until it dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool while you prep the fruit.
- Wash all the fruit. Peel and chop as necessary.
- In a blender, mix the simple syrup, the lime juice, the mint, and almond extract.
- Pour syrup over fruit and toss it all until thoroughly coated.
- Chill the salad before serving. Overnight is best, but an hour or two is sufficient.